And we are going to be “Grateful to Gather”!!
Documents have been emailed out and are also posted on the website at http://www.homerunministries.com in the Documents Tab.
Here are the details:
Super Friday Covid-19 Protocols (as of August 3, 2020)
Super Friday will follow State and Local guidelines and mandates, as required by law and by the facility where we meet. These mandates are subject to change and we will adjust our protocols accordingly. Families will be notified of any changes moving forward.
- We are planning to meet in person, beginning August 28, 2020. If we have to cancel due to Covid 19, either for a week or two or for a longer time period, refunds will be provided based on the document Fall 2020 Super Friday Covid Refund Policy. We are not planning to implement online learning this semester for Super Friday.
- All facilities and surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized between each Super Friday by cleaning staff of Woodridge Baptist Church.
- Frequent hand-washing and sanitizing will be encouraged.
- Sharing of supplies or other items will be minimized and avoided when possible.
- It is imperative that parents monitor their students’ health closely throughout the week before attending Super Friday. If your child has a fever, cough, difficulty breathing or other symptoms of illness, please keep them at home. If your child is in attendance at Super Friday and is noticeably not feeling well, we will notify you to pick them up. If your child is ill (non-Covid-19), we ask they not attend Super Friday until they are symptom free for at least 24 hours.
- If a child or staff member is found to be Covid-19 positive, contact tracing within the program will occur to allow families to self-screen and determine if quarantine is warranted. Woodridge Baptist staff will be notified of any positive case in our population. Classrooms and supplies will be sanitized.
Based on CDC guidelines, the individual will not be allowed to return to campus until:
- 14 days have passed from first symptoms AND
- 72 hours have passed with no fever (and no fever reducers) AND
- Respiratory symptoms have improved
- If a child or staff member has been in direct, close contact (ie. family member, member of household or other non-distancing contact) with someone who is Covid-19 positive, that child or staff member will not return to campus until 14 days from last contact.
- We plan to conduct a brief health check of each person as they enter the building. This will include a no-contact temperature check (over 100.4 degrees defined as fever) and three questions, which can be answered by the parent or caregiver for children.
1. Have you been fever-free without the use of fever reducing medications for the last 72 hours?
2. Have you had any unusual respiratory distress including cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, loss of taste or smell, or chills in the past 72 hours?
3. Have you been in close direct contact with anyone with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
A YES answer to any of these questions will result in that family not being admitted to Super Friday on that date. Return to campus will be determined based on diagnosis.
- We will require that students/teachers/administrators/parents wear a mask when moving from place to place in the building and in any situation where social distance is not possible. It will be suggested that all persons keep a mask handy in the event they need to approach someone; however, while seated in most classes we should be able to separate students by the suggested space for social distancing so as to allow masks to be stored while sitting. In some classes where students must work in close proximity to another student or staff member, masks may need to stay on throughout the class. Of course, anyone who feels more comfortable wearing a mask or face covering at any time will be encouraged to do so. In addition, children under the age of 10 are not required to wear face coverings.
- We will not be having our large group gatherings in the gym either before classes or for snack time until further notice. Students will proceed directly to 1st period in the morning. Snacks will be eaten in 2nd period.
- We will also be implementing new drop off and pick up procedures to minimize crowds and traffic within the building and make the process safer and more convenient. More information will be shared closer to our start date of August 28.
Our motto this fall will be “Grateful to Gather”! We will do our very best to provide a safe and fun environment for our students and staff. We will show respect to each other in the way that we speak and behave, even if we believe differently about Covid-19 and the risk it presents.
I understand that you will need to assess these protocols and determine what is best for your family. Any withdrawals on or before August 14 will result in a full refund of tuition and class fees paid. Other refunds will not be issued other than the situations outlined in the document Fall 2020 Super Friday Covid Refund Policy. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Dawn Pruyn, firstname.lastname@example.org.